This article describes how to save a PDF file created from a view of the Michigan Subdivision Maps site. I was able to save a copy by printing it to PDF. If you have a PDF writer of any kind installed on your computer you can do this with any printable display. These instructions are for a PC, and are specific to the subdivision plat maps, the procedure may differ on other sites, but I have successfully saved deeds, death certificates, obituaries and other images using this method. I have no information on how to use an Apple computer.
- Check your printers folder to be sure you have a PDF printer.
- You can see that I have a several. If you see a PDF printer, you can proceed.
- Under view, select “fit window” .
- The subdivision maps have their own printer icon. Other documents may be saved by using your browser’s default print icon, of by selection “File, Print” from the menus.
- When the box comes up. Select “whole image”, not current view.
- Click OK, and your print dialog box is displayed.
- Select your PDF print driver from the available printers, click OK. A “save” dialog box is displayed. Give your map a name and select a location, click OK.
- You can then open the PDF in any PDF viewer on your computer.
You can view a sample of the plat of Manton, Michigan which I saved using this procedure. You will need Adobe Acrobat® to view the plat.