- Wexford County Michigan Deeds Liber 16 Page 553
- The “Other” Burdick Family
- The H.R. Burdick Deeds in Section 10, Colfax Township
- Wexford County Michigan Deeds Liber 69 page 437
- Abbott Land Records, Wexford County, Michigan Liber 3 page 163
- Abbott Land Records, Wexford County, Michigan Liber 3 page 209
- Abbott Land Records, Wexford County, Michigan Liber 6 page 430
- Abbott Land Records, Wexford County, Michigan Liber 4 page 139
- Abbott Land Records, Wexford County, Michigan Liber 8 page 377
I am posting information gleaned from land records in the areas where our family’s ancestors resided. You can read more about this project in the overview. You may also check my deed record listing, which I will update frequently, but probably not every day. This group pertain to early residents of Wexford County, Michigan with the surname Abbott. Papa’s second great-grandmother was Mary Jane Abbott; I have undertaken a study of the early Abbott deeds to look for connections to her and her family. I know that her brother Erastmus D. [E.D.] Abbott was in Wexford County, but have not connected any others to her at this time.
|Date:||3 Oct 1879|
|Location:||Wexford Co MI|
|Grantor:||John Hague and Susan his wife|
|Witnesses:||Ezra Snell, Edwin M. Frisbey|
|Type of deed:||Warranty|
|Rec’d and recording:||3 Oct 1879|
|Location of land:||Colfax, Wexford MI|
|Description:||NE1/4 of Section 22 T23N $10W|
This is the same land that was sold by Abbott and his wife Laura to Hague on the deed I described yesterday. Both deeds were recorded on October 3, 1879, also. The only thing I can think of is that John Hague wanted the land transferred into his wife’s name exclusively.
Does anyone else out there have any ideas about this set of transactions?
I have surveyed the first two deed index books for transactions with the surname Abbott. When I return to the Wexford County courthouse I will continue through the index books.